Friday, December 3, 2010

Time for an update, eh?

It has been a while since I have posted anything!  Life has been busy, it seems it just comes one thing after another...which can be good at times.  It has now been just over three weeks since Tanton went into the MTC.  He is still in Provo at the MTC, although he was suppose to fly to Spain on November 30.  He said he is "an official visa waiter" now.  He is just waiting for his visa to arrive then like six days later he will be off to Spain.  I am praying that his visa will come after Christmas.  I really think that it would be cool for Tanton to be in the MTC in Provo for Christmas.  They have had so many cool devotional speakers and I really feel that the spirit would be strong.  But....since I am not the one in charge of visa's, I am sure it will come when it is time, and that will be all good too. He is loving the MTC. He loves his companion, who is from Phoenix and thinks the snow is super cool.  He really loves playing volleyball, and he even thinks the food is good! :)  His Spanish is coming along very well also.  But that is not a surprise to me.  All is well.  I have to admit, it was sad to know he was less than 2 hrs away and could not spend Thanksgiving with us, and I do miss him.  But I love to get his weekly e-mails and he has even been a very good letter writer, which is impressive!  He is happy, which makes for a happy mom ~ missing him ~ but happy for him!

Grandma Vinson



My Grandma Vinson turns 90 years old today! She is such an amazingly strong woman.  Since I have not had my mother around since I was so young, my grandma has played an even bigger role in my life.  She has really been there for me and my sisters through the years and we have really been here for her.  That is what family is all about and it is great.  We are so blessed to continue to have my grandmother in our lives, she is very bright and her mind is completely intact.  Sometimes I feel like she can remember things better than I do!  We had a surprise party for her last weekend, it turned out great. What a fantastic way to show her what she means to all of her family!

Now, I guess it is time to turn my thoughts to Christmas.  I cannot believe that it is only 3 weeks away!  I tell you, before I know it we will be half way through January.
Merry Christmas! May we all remember the true meaning of Christmas, and feel the spirit this holiday season.

1 comment: