Saturday, January 22, 2011

Relief....at last!

SPAIN ~ FINALLY!! A week ago Wednesday I received a very unexpected phone call, it lasted exactly 5 minutes.  It was Tanton! He was calling from the MTC to tell me that his visa had finally arrived and he would be traveling to Spain on Friday.  First of all, it was so awesome to hear his voice! He sounded so good, so happy and so ready to get to Spain.  After we hung up I could not stop smiling.  My insides were ready to burst.  I am so excited and so ready for Tanton to be in Spain and begin what he has been planning and preparing for.  There was also this huge relief, almost like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.  I didn't realize how much I was worrying about his visa and all of the uncertainties that went along with it not arriving.  If they were to re-assign him, where would he go? How long would he be there? Would his visa ever arrive?  It was also a huge relief to have him get to Spain and be so far away that it wasn't constantly on my mind that he was only 2 hrs away! 

On Friday he called from the airport and we were able to visit for a little while.  Once again, he sounded so good.  Just like my son, his funny little personality that I just love. :) He traveled with 5 other missionaries from the MTC to Madrid, Spain.  
Elder Jeppson with Brother and Sister Earl. President of the Madrid MTC
Once they arrived in Spain they spent 4 days in the Madrid MTC.  On Tuesday ~ the day before they were all sent out into the field ~ Eight of the new missionaries got on the Metro and went into Madrid city and were able to go sight seeing and checking it out.  It sounds like it was a great experience for them.  
Wednesday they were all assigned areas ~ the missionaries that were there to go to the Barcelona and Malaga missions left, and the others were put with companions to begin their journey. Tanton was assigned to be companions with an Elder Driggs, he is an AP (assistant to the President), so he is starting out with the "cream of the crop." 

It is so good to have him in Spain, safe and sound.  The relief and joy I feel at the same time has overwhelmed me.  I am so excited for this part of Tanton's journey to begin.  It will definitely be a very difficult mission (all those Catholics), but I feel confident that it will be the two best years of his life so far.  I am so grateful for such a wonderful son, and a loving Heavenly Father!  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment